NCIC OPERATOR SERVICE - Violated Consumer

I was charged 30+ dollars(each)for three phone calls I made to family members, due to looking wallet and keys in car.used pay phone only cost listed .35

Locked keys and wallet in trunk while putting groceries in trunk. I only had my credit card that I just used in my pocket and .50 cents.The phone listed $0.35 as the cost.

I used the pay phone located in front of the smart and final on Lankersheim blvd. North Hollywood, California. the first I used the $.50 to call my sister (818)723-9865, the call did not go through and the money was not returned. Frantic because I had ice and other perishables in my trunk.

I dialed zero so that I could let them know I lost money, when I heard the choice to use a credit card. No where on the phone does it say that I will be charged 30 dollars. The automated voice providing information and asking for credit card info, does not inform you that there will be an extremely high charge to call around the corner. The first call using the card I called the number listed below, no answer went to voicemail, I hung up (no voice mail left).

the other two calls was to my mom, 818-903-1019, both calls probably total 5 min. I was charged $30.34, $30.28 and $30.22 for a total of $90.84 for local calls on a phone. I called and the only thing they would credit me was $36.34. Had there been posting on the phone, listing the crazy cost to use a credit card.

I would have not used it. I would have begged the store manager to use there phone. I want my money back, less the .35 cents per minute that I used there phone.

The cost listed on the phone.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: I have never felt so violated as a consumer.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 28, 2015.

NCIC OPERATOR SERVICE - PAYPHONES AT UNION STATION - CHICAGO

DO NOT USE phones operated by NCIC OPERATOR SERVICE that accept credit cards (Union Station, Chicago IL).

You will be billed a flat "connection charge" of about $10, regardless of whether you call across the street or across the country.

The phones have a misleading display which reads 4 minutes for $1.00, which applies to coin calls only.

The credit card charges are not clearly posted.

I had no change so I had to use my credit card (thinking it would cost a buck or two), and called my wife for under 2 minutes (30 miles away). The cost was well over $10. When I called customer service, they completely defended their misleading business practice of not clearly posting connection charges, and did not offer me any kind of refund or credit (minus the actual per-minute usage charge, of course). I would expect a professional company to charge a "reasonable" amount for a local-toll call of under 2 minutes, not over $10.

What an absolute disgusting rip-off.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 21, 2008.